Bell Courts Wayzata
340 Park Street East
Wayzata MN 55391
Bell Courts Park, originally know as “the Park” — and later “Tourist Park” — was one of two parks on the original 1854 survey and plat of the Village of Wayzata. Since the 1930’s, “street quality” tennis courts have been located there. In 1964 when Wheelock Whitney was Mayor of Wayzata, the courts were redesigned by architect Karl Humphrey and a cabana was gifted by the James Ford Bell family in memory of Louise Heffelfinger Bell.
It was just last summer that the City resurfaced and added pickelball striping to the tennis courts, plus completed two beautiful bocce ball courts, to enhance the park’s amenities.
The park includes three stripped tennis or pickleball courts (for those who have pickleball paddles and want to play the game), two bocce courts, a charcoal grill and two picnic tables. Restrooms are available on site. A patio area overlooks the courts for those who wish to watch a match.
The Bell Courts Wayzata are available for both open plan and by reservation — for reservations contact Wayzata Parks at (952) 404-5366.
With the Parks and Trails Board’s summer activities programming now in its second year, you can expect to see lots of activity at Bell Courts Park this summer. For more information on park programming, visit www.wayzata.org/summerrec.
Information and pictures courtesy of the City of Wayzata Parks & Trail Board, republished on Wayzata.com under authority of the Minnesota Legislature and the Minnesota Data Practices Act – Chapter 13.