- One-on-one interview with Jeff Buchanan
- Community Conversation: Four Wayzata City Council Candidates Square Off
- Four candidates file for 2018 Wayzata City Council Race
- PLANNING COMMISSION: Public Hearing for 235 & 239 Lake Street
- CITY: 315 Park Street Public Hearing
- CITY: 2018 Budget
- CITY: 119 Benton Ave Public Hearing
- Wayzata skating rinks to open this weekend
- After years of bitter debate, Council compromises with Hoyt approving 40 foot condo project on a 3-2 vote
- City: Public Hearing scheduled for Deceber 19, 2017 – Amending TIF District 6
Welcome to Wayzata!
On behalf of the City Council, it is my pleasure to welcome you to the City of Wayzata.
The citizens of Wayzata have a great deal of pride in their lakeside village. Wayzata has a thriving downtown business community, high quality developments and beautiful residential neighborhoods. Careful planning has allowed the City to maintain open space, park lands and a “small town” feel that makes Wayzata truly a special and historic community. We invite you to visit and share with us all that Wayzata has to offer.
No visit to the Twin Cities is complete without a stop in Wayzata, the jewel of Lake Minnetonka. Just 11 miles west of Minneapolis, it’s the best place to see Minnesota’s most popular lake. It’s a village rich in history. And it’s the boutique and shopping stop for all the people along the water.
Here, you’ll find the latest in lakeside fashions, artwork, antiques and collectibles. And here, you’ll find an eclectic assortment of restaurants that range from casual to elegant. Most offer lakefront views, and none are more than a stone’s throw away from the water. You can watch the cruisers go by or look out at picturesque clusters of sailboats. Our theater of seasons never shuts down. In the winter, you’ll see ice racers, skaters and dozens of ice fishing houses. Enjoy the past and present that is Wayzata. It’s as good as the good life in Minnesota gets.
Mayor of Wayzata