Good morning Wayzata, and thanks for joining Wayzata.com for the Top 5 Stories of the week. Wayzata honors the fallen, the City of Wayzata plans for future budget cuts and progress is made at Wayzata Bay Center.
Here we go again, the Top 5 stories of the week:
- Wayzata American Legion Post #118 held a Memorial Day ceremony at Heritage Park to honor those who have dedicated themselves to serving our country. Wayzata.com's Ben Brewster attended the service and captured the event on film.
- After being challenged to contribute to the City's efforts to combat the projected budget shortfall for 2010, community member Greg Rye made a recommendation to the City of Wayzata to develop a Sustainable Budget Taskforce.
- The Wayzata Bay Redevelopment Company signed a letter of intent to acquire Superior Stop gas station, 800 Lake St. The reconstruction of the Wayzata Bay Center requires the Superior Stop to be demolished.
- Jim Ryan, the CEO of Ryan Companies, died Thursday, May 28, after a 10-month battle with melanoma cancer. Ryan was a longtime member of the S27.9 fleet at the Wayzata Yacht Club.
- The Vintage Speeds Boats featured in the Mahogany Bay parade last week are now on display at the Wayzata Bay Center.
Honorable Mention: The construction site of Water Treatment Facility 3 is looking messy, but progress is being made.
Stay tuned to Wayzata.com for all the latest news and information in Wayzata.