Fire Chief Kevin Klapprich examines a
power pole. Photo Dan Gustafson.

The Wayzata Fire Department was called to Margaret Circle at noon on Wednesday, July 20, 2011, to address a burning power pole.

“It really was a fuse and it was glowing red,” said Wayzata Fire Cheif Kevin Klapprich. The fuse that was emitting red is located next to the transformer; it helps to close the circuit. “I’m sure that the temperatures have something to do with it,” added Klapprich.
The area of Margaret Circle lost power shortly thereafter. By the time the fire department arrived to the scene, the fuse had burned off and fallen to the ground.

Due to the lack of flames, the Wayzata Fire Department crew stayed for only ten minutes. Klapparich said that XCEL Energy had been called and would be there in approximately thirty minutes. Power should be restored within the next few hours.

Posted in Uncategorized