Wayzata.com was the first to report that Gordy Engel, John Berg, and Ray Mithun Jr. had sold the Wayzata Bay Center to Presbyterian homes last week. Now other media outlets are reporting more details:
The Sun Sailor's Jared Huizenga wrote this article: Presbyterian Homes completes purchase of the Wayzata Bay Center in Wayzata. ReJournals.com also chimed in with this article by Jim Brubaker: Presbyterian Homes plans redevelopment for recently purchased Wayzata Bay Center.
The Bay Center will contain:
- 255 senior housing units that provide a "continuum of care," ranging from independent living to memory care
- Approximately 155 condos
- A limited service hotel with 100 rooms
- 27,000 sq. ft. of office space
- 130,000 sq. ft. of retail space, which will include stores and restaurants and is comparable in area to the current center's retail space
- 3 to 4 restaurants located in the retail area around the Park Plaza facing Lake Street
Groundbreaking is expected to start groundbreaking to start in the East Block - the block with retail space, office space and a hotel in the second quarter of 2009.
Stay tuned to Wayzata.com, your Wayzata Bay Center leader.