Date: November 8, 2010
To: Wayzata Businesses
From: Mayor Ken Willcox
Chamber Board Chair Dan Koch
Chamber President Peggy Douglas
The holiday shopping season is almost here and we are looking forward to our 4th annual holiday decorating contest to entice shoppers to our area. Whether it is a window (street facing or in a mall), a building façade, or a brilliant light display, we are always delighted with the creativity and talent of our business owners. Last year there were some truly outstanding displays. We photographed the windows and used the photos on our websites and in promotions and ads. We also honored the winners at a city council meeting which was televised on cable television.
|Anne Davidson's Display from 2009.
Image courtesy Way. Chamber.
For 2010 we will continue to promote our local businesses and encourage shopping in Wayzata for the holidays. Below is a list of activities and the time line. All you need to do is let us know if you are going to participate.
November 18 Deadline for businesses to register for contest at 952-473-9595 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 24 Completion of holiday lights and decorating on city property by city crew and business window decorations completed
- November 24 Judging of window displays – be sure to leave your lights on until 8 p.m.
- Photos will be taken to be used on our websites
- November 26-29 Thanksgiving weekend
- December 4 Annual Holiday Open House at the Depot sponsored by the Wayzata Historical Society
- December 7 Recognition of winners and all participants at city council meeting (cable tv); on our websites and on wayzataweekends.com
Criteria will be: most original/unique; most whimsical; most elegant; best lighting; best use of materials; best traditional holiday.
Categories: Retail window; commercial office building facade; outdoor lighting
Whatever your business-- a bank, a retail store, a restaurant, help us “light up” Wayzata for the holidays. If you want to participate, just let the chamber know by November 18th at 952-473-9595 or email@example.com. We hope you have a prosperous holiday season!