The Wayzata Community Sailing Center is offering a raffle for a dinner cruise on the well known Lake Minnetonka classic yacht MER-NA. This is a 1929 35' foot yacht which is one of the finest classic yachts in the Midwest. The cruise is for up to six individuals, and includes a gourmet dinner from NorthCoast restaurant in Wayzata and fine wines from St. Croix Vineyards.
MER-NA is currently owned by Wayzata resident Denny Newell, who keeps the boat on Wayzata Bay. She was originally built in Seattle, and was the last boat manufactured by its builder NJ Blanchard before the depression drove such luxurious boats from the market. Of 25 built only three remain. Hand crafted from wood, she includes a forward cabin, salon, and an enclosed aft deckhouse for dining.
Raffle tickets can be purchased for $20 each at any of the following locations.
- NorthCoast Restaurant at the Wayzata Boat Works
- Mahogany Bay, 2642 Commerce Boulevard in Mound
- Barbers Inn at the Wayzata Bay Shopping Center
- St. Croix Vineyards, 6428 Manning Ave N in Stillwater
- Shorewood Yacht Club, 600 West Lake Street in Shorewood
- North Shore Marine, 3222 North Shore Drive on Maxwell Bay
- Evergreene Jewelers, 3500 South Highway 101, Minnetonka
Or mail a check to
Wayzata Community Sailing Center
PO Box 768,
Wayzata MN 55391
For more RAFFLE information visit http://www.wyc.org/SailingSchool/2010SilentAuctionandRaffle/tabid/1231/Default.aspx
An online auction is also taking place concurrently including such items as
- An Orlando Vacation Villa
- A weekend trip to Giants Ridge
- A weekend of sailboat racing on Lake Superior
More online auction items and information at http://www.wayzatasailing.org/giving-works-auction/
The raffle drawing will be held on November 13 at the Wayzata Yacht Club’s Awards Banquet at the Double Tree Minneapolis Park Place Hotel. You need not be present to win.
Further information and photos available from
cell (612) 327 6639
e-mail address email@example.com
Background Information Regarding the Wayzata Community Sailing Center
A primary function of the Sailing Center is to promote an appreciation of sailing in a fun, safe, and friendly atmosphere.
- Our learn-to-sail programs start with 5-year-old kids in elementary school and go through youths in high school.
- Our racing programs include beginning and advanced racing classes, a summer traveling team, high school interscholastic teams, including Wayzata and Benilde-St.Margret’s.
- We are home to the U of M and U of St. Thomas intercollegiate teams.
- Our sailors have won local and regional regattas at all age levels. Several have gone on to compete in national events.
You may notice that our motto is ‘Sailing for Everyone!’ As a Community Sailing Center, we differ from other sailing schools because we believe that it is important to offer a sailing experience to people who otherwise would not be able to enjoy it. This year we held sessions which gave sailing experiences to
- 24 blind and visually impaired kids,
- 8 kids with disabilities from Courage Center, and
- 10 kids with Asperser’s syndrome/ADHD.
In addition, we were able to give scholarship sailing lessons to
- 8 foster children through the Family Court System,
- two groups of 15 inner city children, and
- a group of 10 children connected to Wayzata Interfaith Outreach.
Stay tuned to Wayzata.com, your Wayzata Restaurant leader.