Some of you have heard of the Sleep Out movement, a 23-year tradition where families, businesses, faith communities, schools and scout troops sleep out or sleep in to raise awareness and funds to prevent homelessness. Last year, one in five of the families Interfaith worked with experienced homelessness. Here are five ways you can help!
- Host a sleep out or hold a Bedless Night, the indoor alternative to sleeping outdoors. You can teach children and learn for yourself what some of your neighbors experience when they lose their housing. iocp.org/sleepout
- Donate directly to the Sleep Out. Your donation of $100 or more will be doubled by a generous donor. iocp.org/donate
- Save some last-minute holiday shopping for Dec. 14! All day, generous local businesses will donate portions of their sales to help prevent homelessness through the Sleep Out. iocp.org/swap
- Volunteer at Interfaith Outreach – once or regularly. Interfaith Outreach has year-round opportunities for you and your family to make a lasting impact together, either on-site or on your own at a time and place convenient for you. iocp.org/volunteer
- Donate quality items from your closet and home to Resale Select. When you do, everyone wins, because all proceeds support Interfaith Outreach and the families we serve. iocp.org/donategoods
Thank you! Together, you are helping to change lives, one day at a time.