According to the Wayzata Public Schools’ Web site, the following students were honored individually:
– Junior Jordan Helgren won the state championship in the long jump event with a jump of 18 feet, 10.25 inches on Friday and followed it with a record setting state championship in the triple jump on Saturday. Helgren leaped 38 feet, 10.25 inches to set the all time state meet record in the triple jump. She also won the state triple jump championship in 2006.
– Senior Kelly Stalpes won the state championship in the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 14.70.
– Sophomore Emily Stalpes finished in third place with a time of 15.09
– The 4 by 800 meter relay team, which includes Nika Evans, Emily Keig, Danielle Burgmeier and Erin Krause finished in second place with a time of 9:19.02.
– The 4 by 400 meter relay team, which includes Alison Millis, Emily Keig, Danielle Burgmeier and Molly Wawrzyniak, finished in eighth place with a time of 4:01.64.
Photo Courtesy of Wayzata Public Schools.