Brought to you this time around by: Jon D. Williams Cotillions, [Social Skills and Etiquette Training] being held at the Wayzata Country Club, and by John Roti at M&I Mortgage, for all your residential lending needs. Call John at 952-697-4516 to refi your mortgage at historically low rates!
- Zebra Mussels have apparently been found in Prior Lake. The threat for the invasive species with no none way to control or reduce the population looms over Lake Minnetonka as the ice breaks up and the waters open.
- Bennet Rustad, a Wayzata Football player, appeared on KARE 11 alongside Tim McNiff, who is a Wayzata Football running backs coach, to ask Hannah Carlson to Prom.
- In Wayzata City Council news, the City of Wayzata is facing a $200,000 – $300,000 budget shortfall due to the lack of development activity in town. A Budget workshop has been scheduled for Tuesday April 14th at 4:30 pm in the Community Room. Additionally, you can read the City Council meeting write-up, and listen to Ken Willcox address the issues with the most recent episode of Recap with the Mayor. Also, get ready for the City of Wayzata to start Tweeting their latest news and info on Twitter.
- Wayzata’s own James Laurinaitis is scheduled to speak at IOCP’s Community Prayer Breakfast on Friday April 17th. James is a Wayzata Grad and an Ohio State Buckeye linebacker who is expected to have an NFL Career.
- Spring has definitely arrived in Wayzata, and Wayzata.com has the videos to prove it. Watch the street sweeper clean up this town, and view members of the Wayzata Yacht Club breaking up the ice with their boats on Wayzata Bay. You can also see our most recent Ice Out Report from 04/09/2009.
Local resident and Wayzata Ambassador Greg Rye wrote his first column for Wayzata.com entitled The Wayzata View – I love natural disasters! It was featured on the Huffington Post briefly for a period last week!