Multiple sources indicate that Tom Petters was arrested at his Wayzata home today on charges of mail fraud, money laundering, and obstruction of justice. These reports indicate he will be jailed because he was a serious flight risk and planned to leave the country.
- The New York Times – Minnesota Executive Is Held on Federal Fraud Charges
- Wall Street Journal – Petters Arrested on Charges of Mail Fraud, Money Laundering
- Forbes – Petters Group CEO arrested in fraud investigation
- Star Tribune – Petters jailed; court papers say he planned to flee the country
- Pioneer Press – Report: Tom Petters arrested
and many more. So much for fighting those charges from the comfort of Bushaway Road overlooking Wayzata Bay. Image courtesy Miami of Ohio.
Wayzata.com is your rich executive charged with fraud leaving the country leader.